Electric is the way to go when it comes to pressure washers if you intend to own it for home use or for a bit of DIY projects. This is because electric pressure washers are very easy to use; they’re plug and play, meaning that after you have secured the electric connection for it, you’re ready to blast away.
This won’t give you hassles of having to buy fuel and reload your pressure water every time it runs out, such as in the case of gas pressure washers. It also doesn’t produce smoke that may be harmful, especially if you’re doing some cleaning indoors.
Electric pressure washers are considered the light-duty ones, compared to their gas brothers because your electric connection can only transfer a little bit, else you might have short circuit at home. They’re best used for chores around the house or for small contractor projects, as they are lighter, quieter, and easier to start.
If you’re looking for the best pressure washer, first consider reading through this ‘how to buy’ guide.
What are the factors to consider when buying the right electric pressure washer?
Although some models of electric pressure washers can be very affordable, you shouldn’t jump the gun because you’ll want to be able to purchase the one, which not only suits your needs, but also has the right qualities and features. To help you with deciding, we have listed some factors that you should consider:
- Ability to loosen dirt – This ability or power to loosen or blast away dirt can be measured in pounds per square inch (psi). If you’re aiming for a light duty electric pressure washer, look for machines that have 1,200 to 1,900 psi, as it can clean about 10 to 40 square feet in 10 minutes.
Medium duty pressure washers are around 1,950 to 2,600 psi, which is great for larger contractor jobs. Heavy-duty pressure washers, intended for commercial use, can be around 2,650 to 3,800 psi and it can clean 90 to 190 square feet in 10 minutes.
- Water consumption – Consider how much water the pressure washer intends to consume. You’ll know when you check the gallons of water per minute (GPM) that the pressure washer uses.
- Check out the accessories – For the price that you’ll pay, you want to get the important stuff associated with the pressure washer to make chores easier for you. Some of them are the rotating scrub brush, broom attachment, gutter attachment, etc. The pressure washer would still work without these, but it’s great to have because it makes the cleaning more thorough.
- Check the spray nozzle – It’s one of the most important parts of the pressure washer because it’s where the water comes out. You may want to get a telescoping wand to clean hard to reach areas. It also gives the user more comfort, as it’s easier to wield it.
- Heated water – You can get a pressure washer that expels heated water. However, this is more costly and consumes more electricity and water. The upside is that it can easily melt stubborn buildup of dirt and grime. For home use, this isn’t really advised to get.
Key Takeaway: Considering the above factors would make it easier for you to decide and look for the best electric pressure washer. It also gives you a clear idea of your needs, making you surer with the chosen pressure washer.
What are the best electric pressure washers?
We have listed three electric pressure washers worth checking out, accompanied by short descriptions:
AR Blue Clean AR383 1,900 PSI 1.5 GPM 14 Amp Electric Pressure Washer with Hose Reel
- OUTDOOR CLEANING POWER: Make quick cleaning jobs of decks, patios, siding, driveways, outdoor furniture, cars, trucks, RVs, ATVs and more.
- ATTACHMENTS INCLUDED: Professional-style pressure washer gun, 2 different pressure washer wands, 20 foot high pressure hose, 14 oz. detergent bottle and 2 high pressure quick change wands with pressure washer turbo and variable nozzles. Hose diameter: 0.25 inch
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY: Conserves water by using 80% less water with 40% more power than a standard garden hose. Quieter than gas engine models.
This pressure washer is powerful enough to tackle persistent dirt due to its 1900 psi and 1.5 GPM. It has a 20-ft. hose so you can reach more areas and 30-ft. power cord so the use of extension cords is negated.
This electric pressure washer only uses cold water and is constructed from durable copper, aluminum, and plastic. The package comes with an accessory kit composed of gun, adjustable jet nozzle, high-pressure hose and lance with foam dispenser. The pressure washer can be taken anywhere with ease because it is mounted on a two-wheel trolley.
Sun Joe SPX3000 2030 PSI 1.76 GPM Electric Pressure Washer, 14.5-Amp
- 5 Quick-Connect spray tips (0º, 15º, 25º, 40º and soap) tackle light, medium and heavy duty cleaning tasks
- Powerful 14.5-amp/1800-Watt motor generates up to 2030 PSI/1.76 GPM for maximum cleaning power and water inlet temperature (max) is 104 degrees Farenheit
- TSS (Total Stop System) - automatically shuts off the pump when trigger is not engaged to save energy and prolong pump life.Working Pressure:1450 PSI.20 foot high pressure hose
This pressure washer comes with a detergent selection dial so you can effectively use soap while cleaning. It has a powerful motor, 14.5 amp and 1800 watt, that effectively support its equally powerful pressure at 2030 psi.
Stubborn gunk and grim don’t stand a chance with this pressure washer because of its above-average power. It has a dual detergent tank system that lets you carry two types of detergent simultaneously and lets you select which one to use using the dial. The 34-inch spray wand and rear wheels lets you maneuver easily and clean hard to reach areas.
Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 1800 PSI Electric Pressure Washer
- 20-Ft high-pressure hose, multiple nozzles and onboard storage for easy access to accessories and hose. 1, 500 max psi, 1.75 max GPM
- Easy-connect tight connection points allow for easy changing of accessories and seamless switching between cleaning tasks
- Built-in wheels, lightweight design and Small product footprint make the unit portable and easy to store
This electric pressure washer is very affordable, considering you’re in for some strong pressure at 1800 psi and 1.5 GPM output. It has a 20-ft. high-pressure hose that comes with a spray gun, fan lance, and turbo lance.
The 120-volt, 14 amp motor is lightweight and reliable. It is also very quiet, odorless, and don’t have any emissions, making it safe for indoor use. You can also add detergent onto the onboard detergent tank that holds up to one liter of any high pressure water solution for an even deeper cleaning.
Key Takeaway: The electric pressure washers listed here are very affordable and are made of quality materials that aim to last you years of use. Make sure to read through the specifications of each to find out if it really suits your needs.
Electric pressure washers are great tools for cleaning because they do the job faster compared to manual scrubbing. It also lessens the effort on your part, as all you have to do is direct the hose onto the area to be cleaned and the high-pressure water will do the job for you. No dirt, grit, and grim can’t be removed by pressure washers.