Pressure washer is a tool that connects to a water source, most commonly your garden hose, to give more cleaning power than what you can get normally from the hose alone. It lets you do your cleaning job faster because the spritz of water is much stronger. It is effective for removing dirt very quickly and it eliminates the need for scrubbing.
The high-powered stream of water caused by the pressure washer is effective for cleaning car, empty swimming pool, garage and driveway, decks, and many more. Using it blasts away the build up of hardened mold, mildew, dirt, and grime and restores the surface of the material to like new condition.
With a pressure washer, you don’t have to spend hours just brushing tirelessly because the pressure washer is able to do that and more in half the time or less. If you’re looking into getting a new pressure washer or you’re replacing an old one, it’s noteworthy to check some factors to consider before purchasing the best pressure washer.
What are the factors to consider when choosing the best pressure washer?
Pressure washers should take a considerable amount of time before buying because this tool is a bit expensive. You’ll also want to get something that is necessary for your needs because some kinds are too strong for your intended usage. Below we have listed some factors to consider when choosing the right pressure washer:
Fuel – There are two main choices for this: Gas and Electric. If you aren’t sure on which one is the best for you, take time to read more about the differences of each.
- Electric Pressure Washer: To give you an idea, electric pressure washers are light-duty ones that are perfect for cleaning smaller areas that aren’t very dirty. These are quieter and easier to take from place to place.
Electric pressure washers are recommended for home use where you have to do cleaning chores such as washing the car, pavement, and rooms. Make sure to always have a socket near the area to be cleaned because it’s not recommended to plug it onto an extension cord.
The downside for this type of washer is that it may not be strong enough for intensive cleaning or for jobs that take hours but it is perfect for lighter house chores. Try:
Sun Joe SPX3000 2030 PSI 1.76 GPM Electric Pressure Washer, 14.5-Amp
- 5 Quick-Connect spray tips (0º, 15º, 25º, 40º and soap) tackle light, medium and heavy duty cleaning tasks
- Powerful 14.5-amp/1800-Watt motor generates up to 2030 PSI/1.76 GPM for maximum cleaning power and water inlet temperature (max) is 104 degrees Farenheit
- TSS (Total Stop System) - automatically shuts off the pump when trigger is not engaged to save energy and prolong pump life.Working Pressure:1450 PSI.20 foot high pressure hose
- Gas Pressure Washer: These are great for heavy-duty cleaning because they can endure hours of non-stop washing. The types of gas pressure washers range from medium to extra heavy duty. If you intend to do a lot of cleaning at home, you can go for the medium one as the heavy duty may be industrial grade and too strong for your needs.
Even if you don’t need the great power, gas pressure washers are good if you are very mobile and want to reach more areas, especially outdoors as you won’t need to worry about lugging a cord behind you. It gives you more mobility, although they are slightly heavier because of the weight of the motor.
Most gas pressure washers don’t start with just the press or a button like electric ones; most light duty ones are a manual pull-start but some heavy duty ones come with an electric starter. Check out:
Generac 6596 2,800 PSI 2.5 GPM 196cc OHV Gas Powered Residential Pressure Washer
- Ergonomic spray gun with integrated Power Dial allows you to easily adjust the pressure needed between four different tasks - car, wood, concrete and soap - at your fingertips
- Powerful horizontal axial cam pump delivers 3100 PSI for tough cleaning
- Convenient on-board 1/2 gallon detergent tank for hassle free cleaning
Power – After you have chosen the power source of your pressure washer, you need to consider next the power or capacity of your pressure washer. There are keywords to guide you, ranging from light duty to extra heavy duty with the lightest having around 1500 psi and the strongest around 3300 psi and up
When buying pressure washers, you should check the psi, which is the measurement of the ability of your pressure washer to loosen dirt in a certain area. psi stands for pounds per square inch. Lighter psi washers can clean about 10 to 40 square feet in 10 minutes while big psi washers can clean 90 to 190 square feet in the same amount of time.
If you don’t intend to clean a very large and very dirty area very often, don’t consider buying a heavy-duty pressure washer because you certainly don’t need it. Consider your cleaning needs and then assess it along with the pressure washer in mind.
For home use, the:
AR Blue Clean AR383 1,900 PSI 1.5 GPM 14 Amp Electric Pressure Washer with Hose Reel
- OUTDOOR CLEANING POWER: Make quick cleaning jobs of decks, patios, siding, driveways, outdoor furniture, cars, trucks, RVs, ATVs and more.
- ATTACHMENTS INCLUDED: Professional-style pressure washer gun, 2 different pressure washer wands, 20 foot high pressure hose, 14 oz. detergent bottle and 2 high pressure quick change wands with pressure washer turbo and variable nozzles. Hose diameter: 0.25 inch
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY: Conserves water by using 80% less water with 40% more power than a standard garden hose. Quieter than gas engine models.
Is just right. It has a good enough number of psi for cleaning around the house.
Key Takeaway: Your main guide to buying the best pressure washer to accommodate your needs rests in the psi, or the power of the washer. If you intend to do cleaning around the house as part of your routine chores, choose a light to medium washer.
Why do you need to consider the power of your pressure washer?
Just because a pressure washer with very high psi is cheaper than the one that you need doesn’t mean that you have to buy it. Remember, the higher the psi and capacity of your pressure washer, the more costly it is to run it. Although it can clean a considerable amount of area, it can consume a lot of water and energy that can be unnecessary.s
Powerful pressure washers add weight and cost when it comes to fuel/electricity and water. If you intend to use it to clean a car or a small portion of your patio or deck, you’re using too much power for something so small. You can get the job done with a smaller pressure washer without having to spend a fortune on fuel and having to carry a very heavy one.
Key Takeaway: Consider if your needs fall to consumer or professional. This way, you can decide faster on the right power of pressure washer to use.
Pressure washers are a great addition to every home because it makes cleaning more thorough and much faster. You don’t have to scrub for hours because the pressure washer is strong enough to take out dirt and grime in just one direct hit.