A power washer is essentially a pressure washer with an added feature, which is a heater for creating a strong stream of hot water. With this temperature, combined with the strong gush created by the pressure washer, will pack a punch against dirt and grime that you will be able to finish the job in a really quick manner.
Looking for these power washers are a bit difficult, especially if you’re intending to have it for home use. This is because power washers are mostly intended for commercial use because of their additional power. They come with really high pressure and it equally consumes more fuel or electricity and water compared to pressure washers.
If you are sure that you really want something that spews out strong gush of hot water to deal with mold, mildew, dirt, and grime that can’t be tackled by a normal pressure washer, we have scoured Amazon to give you an idea on the best power washers there are.
What are the recommended power washers?
Below you will see short descriptions of each power washer so you can assess it along with your needs. This way, you’ll find out if the power washer has all the necessities you need, or if it’s too strong for you.
Simpson Mini-Brute MB1223 1,200 PSI 120 Volt Electric/Diesel Powered Hot Water Heavy Duty Pressure Washer
- Diesel fired burner: creates a temperature rise up to 100-Degree above incoming water source
- 4 Quick connect nozzles: 15,25,40,soap
- Downstream injection system
This hot water pressure washer is fired using diesel fuel, a clean burning fuel for efficient combustion. It can provide up to a 100-degree heat rise, so you can tackle the most difficult build up of dirt and grime.
It has quick connect nozzle for size 15, 25, 40 of hoses, as well as for the soap. The tank, which contains the fuel, is perched atop a two-wheel cart with heavy-duty steel construction so you can take it anywhere you need to, especially if you are a handyman or a contractor.
The fuel tank is made extra large for all-day cleaning without refueling. This is efficient especially if you are planning to clean a large area and want to finish it in just one go. The 120-volt induction motor comes with 35 ft. power cord in case you want to use an electric source to power it up. It is also very safe to use due to the high temperature limit switch that would minimize worries of overheating.
AR Blue Clean – AR630-Hot – Pressure Washer
- OUTDOOR CLEANING POWER: Make quick cleaning jobs of decks, patios, siding, driveways, outdoor furniture, cars, trucks, RVs, ATVs and more.
- ATTACHMENTS INCLUDED: Professional-style pressure washer gun, 2 different pressure washer wands, 20 foot high pressure hose, 14 oz. detergent bottle and 2 high pressure quick change wands with pressure washer turbo and variable nozzles. Hose diameter: 0.25 inch
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY: Conserves water by using 80% less water with 40% more power than a standard garden hose. Quieter than gas engine models.
This hot pressure washer is very portable due to its small size compared to most pressure washers. However, it’s still considerably heavy at 62 pounds so it is recommended to put it atop a wheeled container for easier transport and use. This pressure washer, which spews hot water to combat persistent dirt and grime, has a two horsepower engine.
It also has a relatively strong (for its size) operating pressure at 1900 psi, which is great for average chores around the house or for doing extra tasks as a DIY enthusiast or contractor. The hose has a flow rate of 2.1 gpm and has a duty rating commercial volt of 120V.
The hot water can go as high as 180F so you can easily combat build up of dirt. With just one spray of the strong hot water current, grime will easily break and fall apart, making the chore much faster to finish. In the package you will find an adjustable spray nozzle, and 25 ft. high-pressure hose. This power washer comes with a one-year manufacturer’s warranty.
NorthStar Electric Wet Steam & Hot Water Pressure Washer – 1700 PSI, 1.5 GPM
This electric hot water pressure washer is one of the best quality washers out there because of its sturdy build. It cleans through the use of hot water, with maximum temperature of 250F. No molds, dirt buildups, and grime could withstand such heat and pressure.
The coil assembly of the pressure washer is safely housed in a custom-molded ceramic fiber refractory combustion chamber with low thermal conductivity and resistance to thermal shock. What comes in the package are Orifice Sz 2.0, Nozzle Type Quick-connect 0, 15, 25, 40, plus steam, soap nozzles, and thermal protector.
The 1.5 HP engine may run through the use of diesel of kerosene. It can also be easily started up so no need for difficult pulls. The build, function, and efficiency of this pressure power washer are great but it’s quite expensive for the price, considering it can only get up to 1700 psi.
What are the factors that you should consider when getting a pressure washer?
These machines are expensive so it’s not easy to just jump into the bandwagon. There are some factors that you first need to consider before purchasing.
- Needs – Do you really need a heated pressure washer? Heat is great for removing extra buildup of dirt, grime, and mold, but a normal pressure washer can still do the job without the extra power and water consumption.
- Power – What do you intend to use the power washer for? If it’s just for cleaning decks, garages, cars, or patios, you don’t need to go beyond 2500 psi. Anything below it can still do the job efficiently and quickly.
- Budget – Power washers are considerably more expensive than the traditional pressure washers. Most power washers range from $500 to $2,000 while traditional pressure washers can go as low as $100. Consider the budget you have and the intended use and you’ll be able to find the right one for you.
Key Takeaway: What you intend to use it for is the most important factor to consider when getting a power washer. These machines are strong, expensive, and heavy-duty. They are best used for large commercial areas rather than for home use.
Power washers are great tools because they are very capable of removing the hardest buildup of grime, dirt, and mold in just one quick splash. The heated water, which can go up to 250F, is very effective against tackling these. However, they are very costly to use, not to mention the unit itself is quite expensive. Only invest in it if you’re really going to maximize its use.