The good pressure washers that can last years or decades of use are relatively expensive and could punch a hole in your pocket. The more affordable ones are a bit dodgy, as they might not live up to the expectation. No matter what the price, the ultimate need of consumers is something that would last, and something that is worth what they paid for.
The great thing is that because the demand for pressure washers have increased, many manufacturers started creating ones that are suited for the budget of the majority. Now it can be bought practically by every homeowner, and it is not limited to business owners or farm owners alone.
Based on the needs of the users, there are ones that are light duty to cater to lighter jobs such as cleaning the garage, patio, or deck. Now it’s not all commercialized, and everyone can afford it while still being assured that the quality of their pressure washer is not subpar.
What are the best pressure washers for your budget?
If you are worried about the money or you want to make sure that you’re going to get the most out of your budget, we have listed top-rated products that are well worth your hard-earned money. The pressure washers will be separated according to the type of fuel.
There are two types of pressure washers, the more popular type for household use is the electric and the go-to of contractors and heavy-duty users is the gas. This is because electric is lighter and produces less noise, but it has lesser power because your electric connections can only handle so much.
Gas pressure washers on the other hand can have very high cleaning power because it has a big, heavy motor powered by gas or diesel. This doesn’t put too much pressure into your electric connection but it may burn a lot of fuel if the power you chose is high. Gas washers are also more expensive because the motor is more heavy-duty.
Electric pressure washer:
Some electric pressure washers that you can try are the following:
AR Blue Clean AR383 1,900 PSI 1.5 GPM 14 Amp Electric Pressure Washer with Hose Reel
- 【Ergonomic Design】Equipped with two durable casters, which are designed to maneuver over and around most obstacles. Follows use to your next cleaning project. Pistol style grip with trigger spray is great for comfortable pressure washing.
- 【Powerful and Multifunctional Use】The force of 2030PSI and 1.6 GPM high pressure washer can be used to clean a wide variety of surfaces. It is terrific for cleaning garden, patio, cars, boats, RVs, driveways, decks and more.
- 【Easy to Use and Storage】With the simple operation system, you can just turn the switch on and begin your cleaning easily. Onboard reel keeps high pressure hose organized for quick and easy storage.
The 1900 psi and 1.5 gpm is strong enough for your daily or weekly chores at home. It can also serve as a great backup for people doing contractor services.
This pressure washer is very efficient to use because it comes with a trigger gun that lets you start or stop the washer anytime you want. The body of the washer is relatively light and it has double wheels to make transporting much easier. The washer comes with 20-foot hose and 30-foot power cord so you’ll reach more areas effectively.
Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 1800 PSI Electric Pressure Washer
- 20-Ft high-pressure hose, multiple nozzles and onboard storage for easy access to accessories and hose. 1, 500 max psi, 1.75 max GPM
- Easy-connect tight connection points allow for easy changing of accessories and seamless switching between cleaning tasks
- Built-in wheels, lightweight design and Small product footprint make the unit portable and easy to store
This pressure washer is strong enough at 1800 psi with 1.5-gpm output. It comes with a 20-foot hose with attachments. There is also an onboard storage for your other hoses, cables, and accessories.
This runs using a 120-volt and 14-amp motor that is not heavy to lift and move around. The motor is also very quiet, so you won’t disrupt anyone while doing your washing chores. Because it has zero emissions, you can also clean while inside the house.
Key Takeaway: Electric pressure washers are the best for the money because the unit itself is very affordable. For only a little over a hundred bucks, you can get your hands on something that is not only powerful but also reliable. The water and electricity consumption is also lesser when it comes to electric pressure washers so you’ll be saving more money in the long run.
Gas pressure washer:
Some gas pressure washers that you can check out are the following:
Generac 6596 2,800 PSI 2.5 GPM 196cc OHV Gas Powered Residential Pressure Washer
- Ergonomic spray gun with integrated Power Dial allows you to easily adjust the pressure needed between four different tasks - car, wood, concrete and soap - at your fingertips
- Powerful horizontal axial cam pump delivers 3100 PSI for tough cleaning
- Convenient on-board 1/2 gallon detergent tank for hassle free cleaning
This powerful pressure washer has 2800 psi and 2.5 gmp that can easily blast away the toughest buildup of dirt and mold. The pressure washer is also designed for use in hard terrain as the oversized double wheels improve the mobility.
It has an ergonomic spray gun that has a molded grip so you can easily maneuver it, despite the strong water current. The rear hose connection also improves comfort during prolonged use. Included in the package are four Quick-Click nozzle tips (0-degree Blast, 25-degree Clean, 40-degree Wash, Soap) and a 25 foot hose.
Simpson MSH3125-S MegaShot 3100 PSI 2.5 GPM Honda GCV190 Engine Gas Pressure Washer
- 3200 PSI @ 2.5 GPM
- HONDA GC190 engine
- MorFlex 1/4" x 25' hose is non-marring, kink and abrasion resistant and is equipped with threaded M22 connection
This heavy-duty pressure washer has a power of 3100 psi using a Honda gas engine. You’ll be able to use this for hours at a time and cover a large area of cleaning.
This is great for users looking for pressure washers that they can use both at home and at their business shops or farms as this can really pack a punch. It has 10” pneumatic tires that are great for lugging through difficult terrain. The steel spray wand is also versatile, having quick connect nozzle tips for 0, 15, 25, 40 degree, and soap applicator
Key Takeaway: For the money, these pressure washers are great if you intend to use it more than at home use because they are pretty powerful for simply washing down the pavement or your car. Because of the high psi, they are more suited for larger areas and for tackling difficult dirt, grime, and mold. If you intend to use the above gas pressure washers for that purpose, then you’re definitely getting the best out of your money.
If you’re worried that you might be spending too much on a pressure washer, simply pause for a bit and assess your needs. This way, you’ll find out the best one suited for you. Remember, the higher the power or the psi and GPM of the pressure washer, the higher the cost.
So if you intend to use it lightly, go for the electric ones, as they’re cheaper and consumer friendly. On the other hand, if you intend to use it for commercial purposes, go for the gas pressure washers, as they are stronger and well built.